Got some basil sitting on the fridge? Here’s another way to make use of them!
Oh, this Strawberry and Basil Smoothie Recipe just makes the perfect refreshing treat! They can be enjoyed at any time of the day, whether to wake your sleepy head up in the morning, a light lunch meal replacement, an afternoon “pick-me-up, please” reinforcement, or a healthy dinner reward for everything that you’ve done throughout the day.
Plus, they’re so bright and fresh that you can’t just simply resist. Wait… What’s there to resist anyway? They provide 23 grams of protein in each serving, along with a good amount of vitamins A and C, fiber, potassium, and calcium, among the others.
Ahh, looks can be deceiving!
By the way, you can freeze fresh strawberries during the summer so that you’ll have plenty through the remaining seasons.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe that y’all will surely love.
Strawberry and Basil Smoothie [Protein Shake Recipe for Weight Loss]
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 scoops strawberry or vanilla protein powder
- Wash and pat dry the basil leaves.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Gently swirl the mixture until the protein powder is covered in liquid.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve and enjoy!
- You may add a tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds to amp up some fiber.
- If your fruits aren’t frozen, simply add ice to thicken up your smoothie. Otherwise, if it’s too thick, you may add up some water or a little bit more milk.
- For the vegan/vegetarian version, replace protein powder with a vegan one, and replace the Greek yogurt with an equal amount of unsweetened almond milk.
Love this recipe? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section down below! Talk to you soon!