Let’s not judge the food only by its looks – I cannot reiterate this enough for this smoky aubergine and coriander dip recipe.
Just like tomatoes and bell peppers, aubergines are an excellent source of dietary fiber. Not only that it’ll make you feel full faster and for a longer period of time, but it’ll also reduce your sugar cravings. In addition, they’re also a good source of vitamin B and potassium, along with some minerals like magnesium and manganese.
However, charring these aubergines directly on fire is kinda weird, especially if you see them turned black. But, this process really takes this dip into a whole nother level! It instantly became smoky and meaty in flavor, which works perfectly when paired with the creaminess and tanginess of Greek yogurt.
So, without further ado, below is a quick and easy recipe that you and your family will surely love. Serve it with some chips, veggie sticks, or anything crunchy and you’ll have that perfect party tray or snack for your guests.
Smoky Aubergine and Coriander Dip
- 4 ea large aubergines
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch coriander leaves only, finely chopped
- 3 ea garlic cloves crushed
- ½ ea lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Char the aubergines by putting them directly onto the gas burner and cooking them over medium heat for 30 seconds. When that side has blackened, use a tong and flip them over.
- When both sides are charred, turn off the heat and set the aubergines aside to cool down.
- Once they’re cool enough to handle, strip away the blackened skin then transfer the remaining flesh into a colander and drain for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the aubergines into a blender or food processor and pulse one or two times. Add in all the remaining ingredients and blitz once more. Feel free to add more salt and pepper, but be careful about squeezing more lemon juice as you don’t want this ingredient to overpower the aubergines.
- Alternatively, you may char the aubergines on a griller or oven.
- This recipe works well with crunchy snacks.
- To enjoy its vegan version, simply replace Greek yogurt with an equal amount of coconut yogurt.