Mongolian Beef is a delicious Asian dish made primarily with beef and scallions. You can add more vegetables like broccoli if desired. Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Keto-friendly, and Paleo.
Servings 4 people
- 2 lb skrit steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 4 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6-8 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 6 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 6 inch ginger thinly sliced
- 4 whole red chili peppers Optional for those who like spice. Sliced and with seeds removed,
- 6 bulbs scallions cut into 3-inch lengths.
- Thinly slice beef against the grain. Add coconut aminos to baking soda ingredients and mix well. Set aside in fridge to marinade.
- In the meantime, prepare garlic, ginger, scallions, separate white and green parts. Optional for spicy version: remove the chili pepper seeds and slice them to thin strips
- In a well-heated stainless steel skillet or cast iron, add 2 tbsp cooking fat. Pan fry the beef as one layer without disturbing over medium-high heat until crisp brown, about 2 minutes then quickly sear the flip side, about 30 seconds. Set the beef and the pan juice aside.
- Add 1 more tbsp cooking oil, saute toppings with a pinch of salt until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add beef back to the skillet with toppings. Quickly toss to coat the flavor for another 30 seconds. Serve hot and immediately.
Calories: 602kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 869mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 461IU | Vitamin C: 67mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 5mg