Mint chocolate chip flavor is always on the ice cream hit list. We hope that this healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream Recipe would soon be in yours too!
Mint makes ice cream extra cool in a pleasant way. Thus, it perfectly complements chocolate chips. The familiar rich taste of chocolate plus the refreshingly tang and bittersweet flavors of mint combined provides a strong, unforgettable flavor.
This Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream mimics the traditional ice cream. Its green color is one-of-a-kind, enough already to be mouthwatering. But, a spoonful of bite will be enough to get you hooked. Thus, when sweet tooth cravings strike, this truly satisfies.
It only takes 5 ingredients, plus an optional one, to churn out this dream. All ingredients are natural. Spirulina is our natural food coloring here. And, it’s hailed as a superfood because of its excellent nutritional content. These blue-green algae wonders have so many health benefits including antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s incredible that we’re mentioning nutritional facts such as this about a yummy ice cream. Yes, it’s that good.
It’s healthy, gluten-free, vegan, and of course, oh so yummy! It’s to be enjoyed by everyone, anytime! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
- 2 overripe frozen bananas sliced
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch spirulina
- Optional: ½ cup coconut cream or soaked raw cashews see notes
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips or sugar-free chocolate chips
- Combine bananas, salt, mint leaves, spirulina, and the optional coconut cream or cashews in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse one to two more times or until evenly incorporated.
- Transfer into a bowl, serve, and enjoy. Or, transfer into a container and freeze for later consumption.
- If you’re using the optional cashews, it’s better if you soak them in water for at least 6 hours and drain them before chopping and adding to the blend. Soaking nuts not only softens them and make them more digestible, but it also allows the minerals to be easily absorbed by the body.
- The optional coconut cream or soaked raw cashews are not included in the nutritional information.
Did you make this recipe? Share with us your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!