This Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe features a texture and consistency that y’all will surely love!
Mint chocolate ice cream is one of the most popular ice cream flavors. Thus, we know that there’s a lot of recipes out there. However, this version is something that you can’t just skip. Think of an upgraded creamy avocado ice cream with hints of mint and chocolate chips– well-textured, perfectly balanced flavor, and irresistibly good! Best of all, it’s outstandingly healthy as you won’t even need the infamous heavy cream in this recipe; thanks to avocados and coconut milk!
Avocados and coconut milk provide healthy fats that lower blood pressure prevents heart disease, and improves healthy hair and skin. Due to that, this recipe provides 348 calories per serving. But, most of them are healthy unsaturated fats, as mentioned.
Nonetheless, this recipe only takes 5 minutes to prepare! You will need a high-powered blender to craft this delight, though. This best blender for frozen drinks might be handy; but, if you’re in search of one that can double as a food processor, this guide suits you best. So, without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your family will surely love! Enjoy!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- loaf pan
- 1 1/2 medium ripe avocados halved, pitted, and peeled
- 1 14- ounce can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8-10 large mint leaves
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Refrigerate an empty loaf pan for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Place the flesh of avocados in a high-speed blender.
- Scoop out the solid part of the coconut milk and add it to a blender. Feel free to save the liquid part of the coconut milk for another recipe like a smoothie.
- Add in the maple syrup, lemon juice, and mint leaves. Blend until smooth and creamy. Manually mix chocolate chips using a spatula or spoon.
- Transfer the mixture into the chilled loaf pan. Distribute evenly and flatten it out using the back of a spoon. Cover it tightly with cling wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Soften for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
- This ice cream is best consumed within 48 hours.
- Do not substitute full-fat coconut milk with lite coconut milk or coconut milk powder. Lite doesn’t give enough fat and coconut milk powder isn’t creamy enough which leads to an icy ice cream instead of a smooth one.
- Likewise, it’s also important to cover your finished ice cream as per the instructions above. Not only does this step prevent avocados from browning, but it’ll also prevent ice crystals to form. I’m pretty sure you don’t want to bite on some small ice chunks when you’re eating your ice cream!
Love this recipe? Share your experience in the comments section below.