For your fruity chocolate cravings, this Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe saves the day! A recipe that’s guaranteed to be healthier and as the name mentions, gluten-free! For only 5 minutes of your time and three to four ingredients, you’re getting a creamy, chocolaty ice cream!
Chocolate ice cream is classic! It’s easy to say that chocolate puts happiness in everything and ice cream is definitely not an exception. It thrills and gratifies anyone, both kids and adults. Some even can’t simply live without chocolate.
Some experts are also against sweets, to which chocolate is often mentioned. However, desserts without the taste of chocolate would just be sad. Thankfully, these days, we are learning that chocolate is not that bad at all. It has health benefits too, for example, antioxidants. Best of all, since the base is banana, it’s like having your favorite banana split too!
Bananas, cocoa, and almond butter are nutritious ingredients. Those 3 are just what you need when you use a blender. If what you have is a food processor, you would just need to add almond milk (still a healthy option) to mix them together easily. Just like with banana split, you can top it off with healthy toppings like frozen or fresh berries, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, dark chocolate chips or chunks, and more. The list just goes on and on.
This Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe is so awesome that you might find yourself having it on repeat. Enjoy!
Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Ice Cream
- Blender or
- 4 ripe bananas peeled, sliced, and frozen
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- ¼ cup almond milk only if using a food processor
- If you’re using a blender, combine bananas, cocoa powder, and almond butter and blend until smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the sides and pushing the bananas down using a spatula and/or the plunger as needed.
- If you’re using a food processor, on the other hand, simply add the almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, after combining the first 3 ingredients, and process until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy, or freeze for at least 2 hours if you prefer the ice cream to be firm enough to scoop into cones.
- Feel free to sprinkle with healthy toppings such as frozen or fresh berries, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and more. Or, you may add some dark chocolate chunks or chips to sprinkle on top as well.
Did you make this recipe? Share with us your experience in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!