This easy-to-make Espresso Candied Pecans Recipe can be a memorable bonding experience with your children!
Christmas. We’re back at that time of the year!
Everything about Christmas is exciting! The cozy weather, the twinkling lights, the sparkly wrapped gifts, the special holiday food, and the Christmas baked treats!
Christmas is for everyone, especially for the children and the child at heart. What we’re gonna make must be absolutely pleasing for the latter because it incorporates the favorite morning habit: espresso!
Plus, through the holiday season, (and seems like just any time of the year) pecans are in demand. The crunchy texture and its buttery notes are added in pies, incorporated in countless dishes, and candies.
Pecans are so good that it’s hard to believe that they are foods for weight loss, heart health, beautiful skin and hair, and many more! What a delicious superfood!
This Espresso Candied Pecans Recipe is a delightful, healthy, and guilt-free goodies for the season. You may add it in a jar in your pantry as snacks, at the dessert station by the Christmas feast table, or it could be your DIY gift for loved ones.
It ain’t just health-giving but the concoction of espresso, cinnamon, and maple sugar yields a truly yummy, unforgettable treat!
Espresso Candied Pecans
- Baking Sheet
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups shelled pecans
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Prepare a half-sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine espresso powder, maple sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white and water together until the mixture becomes frothy. Toss in the pecans until they’re evenly coated. Then, transfer the coated pecans into the espresso mixture and coat evenly.
- Lay them on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning once every 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- For the vegan version, simply substitute egg whites with an equal amount of vegan egg whites substitute.
Did you do this recipe? Let us know your thoughts through the comments section down below!