Who said detoxing can only be done through juicing? Oh, this Detox Green Machine Soup Recipe just proves otherwise.
The combination of green vegetables in this recipe features tons of excellent and efficient detoxifying, anti-inflammatory & anti-cancerous properties. Plus, it also helps reduce high blood pressure and manage blood sugar, making our body function better.
For only under 100 calories, you can get 8 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. Thus, it’s a low-carb and low-calorie food that’s not only good for detox but also for weight loss.
And of course, this recipe is made from whole and plant-based ingredients so it’s definitely a go for those who are clean eating, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-intolerant, and more!
The best part is, it’s so quick and easy to make. So, without further ado, here’s the Detox Green Machine Soup Recipe that y’all will look forward to making and eating.
Detox Green Machine Soup
- 1 pound green beans roughly chopped
- 8 pieces celery sticks roughly chopped
- 4 pound zucchini roughly sliced
- 2 bunches spinach roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch parsley roughly chopped
- 1 bunch basil roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the first 3 ingredients in a pan or steamer for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are very soft. Set aside the water if you want a soup with a thinner consistency. Otherwise, feel free to discard.
- Add spinach, onions, and garlic and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and basil, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée in a food processor or blender, until the mixture is smooth and homogenous.
- Divide into 7 servings, and serve hot! Enjoy!
- For a thinner soup, you may use the water where you steamed your vegetables or add vegetable stock instead.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: replace spinach with kale
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.