Indeed, any vegetable salad can be a great candidate for weight loss, detox, and clean eating. However, this Detox Cleanse Salad Recipe is something unique and more nutritious. What’s the secret ingredient?
It’s celeriac! This root vegetable is, indeed, a nutritional powerhouse. It’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, vitamins A, B6, C, and K, as well as minerals such as potassium, manganese, and phosphorus.
Combine that with other vegetables along with healthy fats from avocados, nuts, and seeds, and you’ll have an all-natural keto meal that’s loaded with so much good stuff! And, one thing that I like about this recipe is that I can substitute the green cabbages with the red ones! Although both cabbages contain antioxidants, beta-carotene, and lutein, red cabbage has 10 times more vitamin A than its green counterpart.
So, without further ado, here’s a low-sodium, keto, clean, weight-loss-friendly, gluten-free, detox, and yummy Detox Cleanse Salad that y’all will love.
Detox Cleanse Salad
- 2 medium carrots peeled, roughly chopped
- 6 ounces celeriac peeled, roughly chopped
- 9 ounces cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 piece apple cored, peeled, and julienned
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- unrefined salt
- 1 piece kiwi diced
- Using the grater attachment of your food processor, process the first three ingredients, one at a time. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and add the apples, almonds, and seeds.
- Next, add the lemon juice, EVOO, and maple syrup. Toss well and season with salt to taste.
- Serve each salad with a spoonful-worth of diced kiwi on the side.
- Alternatively, you may use a regular grater to shred your vegetables and apples.
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: remove lemon juice and kiwi
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.