The rave about dates is understandable. We know they have been the favorite snack or even a meal ingredient in the Middle East where they originated. Thank God that a millennium ago, they came into our lands!
Dates have an impressive nutrition profile. Primarily, they are an abundant source of fiber, disease-fighting antioxidants, with nutrients that regulate blood sugar, keeps the bone healthy, and promote brain health.
It’s incredible that something this sweet could be that healthy! That’s because dates are excellent natural sweeteners. This filling fruit has good kinds of sugar. As for the taste, they provide a chewy texture, along with nutty and sweet notes of caramel.
We can combine something this wonderful and put a touch of Christmas with the cool, slightly bittersweet peppermint. More often, you’ll see plain chocolate-peppermint concoctions, but this Christmas, this Date-Nut Peppermint Bites Recipe is an adventure worth taking!
Who can say no to this combination of the nutritious dates and the all-time favorite peppermints! This is what Christmas treat dreams are made of! These munchkin-looking-like balls’ flavor is the bomb that will make this kind of dessert unforgettable.
As a holiday gift, your beloved recipients are in for a sweet surprise. This is such a healthy, thoughtful nibbler that your loved ones will enjoy and appreciate.
Date-Nut Peppermint Bites
- Food Processor
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup sliced almonds pecans, or walnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free peppermint extract
- 1-2 teaspoon cold water
- Process all the ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Check if the mixture can hold its shape when formed into a ball. Otherwise, add a few more teaspoons of water a little at a time and pulse in the processor until the crumbs can stick together and hold its shape without being too sticky or wet.
- Upon reaching the desired consistency, grab a spoonful of the mixture and form it into a bite-sized ball by rolling it between your palms. Do the rest of the mixture, transfer the balls into an airtight container, and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- For added color and crunch, roll the bites in crushed candies, candy cane, or shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Did you do this recipe? Let us know your thoughts through the comments section down below!