Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Strips Recipe
Chicken strips are popular with kid everywhere. I am not sure if its the taste or that it's a perfect finger food or both. The problem with chicken nuggets at fast food restaurants, is that there usually not made of well… chicken. This recipe is definitely chicken and cooked using a much healthier method and still just as fun to eat. Gluten-free, Soy-free, Nut-Free,
Servings 4 servings
- 1 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup panko Japanese bread crumbs. Gluten-free. Substitute with a low-carb version for keto.
- 2 ounce Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard dijon
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup flour all-purpose. We use this gluten-free flour. If you are looking for a paleo-friendly flour, then substitute for this one , which is also gluten-free.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 2 tablespoon mustard dijon
- 1 tablespoon honey Low-carb honey substitute.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium. Once hot, add panko breadcrumbs and lightly toast. Stir constantly for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. I sometimes skip this step when I'm in a hurry, but this makes the texture not as nice.
Three Step Assembly Line (place dishes them in this order)
- 1) Remove panko from skillet and pour onto a plate. Add shredded Parmesan, oregano, pepper and salt to the plate. Gently toss together and set aside. Sometimes I use the same frying pan as my "plate" if I have time to wait for it to cool down sufficiently.
- 2) Whisk egg, mustard and water in a medium sized bowl until fully combined; set aside.
- 3) Add flour to another dish of similar size.
Putting it all together
- Cut chicken into strips. Dip each strip into the flour, then the egg, and then gently add to the panko, pressing mixture onto the chicken. Place onto baking sheet. Spray chicken strips with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
- While the chicken cooks, whisk the yogurt, Dijon and honey together in a small dish. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve as dipping sauce.
Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 795mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 204IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 2mg