Revitalize your fresh and crunchy greens as you coat them up with this Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe! A flavorful dressing that’s made from fruits and vegetables. Plus, you can whip this up year-round as citrus fruits are always available in the market.
Drizzle the vinaigrette generously for that cool and refreshing taste in summer. Or, enjoy it in winter to load up your vitamin C, a crucial nutrient to build up your body’s defense against seasonal flu and colds.
This Citrus Vinaigrette is tangy, which already has become a familiar taste as it’s commonly served in restaurants. However, we say that dressings are best made at home. It would taste yummier without those icky-preservatives, too much sugar, and salt. There’s really no tedious procedure or inaccessible ingredients to whip up a delightful dressing. Moreover, there are just countless flavors to create in your kitchen.
- ¼ cup unrefined extra virgin avocado oil
- ¼ cup grapefruit juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine avocado oil and juices in a high-powered blender or food processor.
- Pulse until well-blended, then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a mason jar or container with a tight-fitting lid for later use. Or, serve over salad and enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can combine all the ingredients in a mason jar with a tight-fitting lid. You may just have to shake the jar vigorously until the dressing is well-blended.
- If you’re storing the dressing for later use, make sure to cover the jar and keep it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
- This recipe is best paired with mixed baby greens, seeds, and toasted walnuts.
We’d love to hear from you! Share with us your thoughts and experience in making this recipe in the comment section down below.