You may love basil in the form of pesto. If that’s so, this Basil Vinaigrette Recipe will carve a special place in your foodie heart! This earthy herb salad dressing has notes of mint, a tinge of bitterness, and mild sweetness. Basil sets itself apart with its strong, pleasing fragrance. The medley of flavors it exudes is simply satisfying to the palate.
Also, basil has components that help fight inflammation. It’s good for the heart and an aid to bowel issues too!
Just blend the basil with either avocado oil or olive oil (both are totally healthy oils), add the other ingredients, and voila! In a snap, you’ve got this amazing dressing!
This Basil Vinaigrette Recipe also doesn’t just make your salad sing but it can also serve as a sauce for your meats, vegetables, or pasta. Just some suggestions: this is a perfect dressing or sauce for your Caprese salad, grilled salmon, grilled zucchini, and many more!
This pleases an Italian cuisine enthusiast. And, you also gotta have this in your salad eating arsenal because of its versatility.
- ¼ cup unrefined extra virgin avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a mason jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over salad and enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute avocado oil with olive oil.
We’d love to hear from you! Share with us your thoughts and experience in making this recipe in the comment section down below.