In a dinner rut? We’ve come to the rescue! Baked Salmon with Zoodles is an easy, delicious low-carb meal.
We understand the love for pasta and the need to increase veggie intake, so this is the ultimate recipe to enjoy the best of both worlds. Swapping regular pasta noodles with zucchini automatically cuts down on carbs, while at the same time loading your body with vitamins and antioxidants. The omega-3 fatty acids, which can help to improve liver function, are only a bonus to the tasty attributes and lean protein in the salmon. Whether you’re on the road to losing weight or just taking care of your well-being, the Baked Salmon with Zoodles is an ideal nutritious weeknight meal.
Expect a fresh and light dinner from this foolproof recipe. This might also be a fun way to make kids eat vegetables by presenting them with ‘cool’ green noodles!
Baked Salmon with Zoodles
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Drizzle one teaspoon of olive oil on salmon and coat with 1 clove of crushed garlic, za'atar spice, and salt. Place in the center of a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl toss together zucchini noodles, crushed garlic, tomato, olives, onion, black pepper, and remaining olive oil. Pour onto the baking sheet and arrange in a single layer around the salmon.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges and an extra sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Baked Salmon: 10 minutes for medium, 15 minutes for medium-well
- For Low Histamine Meal Plan, modify: remove grape tomatoes, olives, and lemon wedges