Asian Chopped Salad with Tofu
Make 4 meals in 10 minutes. This is a great "formula" for unlimited varieties of delicious, healthy, lunches you can take on the go. I often mix in new salad ingredients and dressing options, so consider the recipe below a solid starting set. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, keto, Whole30, Atkins, Mediterranean, Dash.
Servings 4 servings
- 10 ounces Kale, Brussels sprout, broccoli and cabbage salad mix I vary this each time.
- 12 ounces Shelled edamame frozen, thawed. Note, Edamame beans are whole, immature soybeans. Green peas or fava and lima beans are good substitutes
- 14 ounces tofu baked, cubed. Flavor with Sriracha sauce. Substitute with chicken, if you prefer. You can buy your tofu from ThriveMarket (our favorite place to buy groceries online) or from here.
- 1/2 cup spicy peanut vinaigrette You can make your own or buy this gluten-free one. Substitute with a gluten-free teriyaki sauce.
- Divide salad mix among 4 single-serving containers with lids. Top each with one-fourth of the tofu and edamames.
- Seal the salad containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Add dressing the day before serving.
Nutritional calculation is a directional estimate.
Calories: 362kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 36mg | Potassium: 719mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7080IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 4mg