Enjoy Asian food even if you’re eating clean and/or detoxing with this Asian Chicken Fried Rice Recipe!
We’ve all got those days when we crave Asian food. Not sure though how most of us end up ordering Chinese takeout late at night. Perhaps, we’re so tired during those days that we can’t afford to cook anymore and all that’s left is our cravings for comfort food with Asian taste. However, these meals are not only high in calories, particularly empty calories, but it’s also high in sodium, MSG, and other additives.
That’s why we wanna present to you this Asian Chicken Fried Rice Recipe, a complete meal that will not only satisfy your cravings but will also not ruin your diet – even if you’re eating clean, detoxing, or trying to lose weight.
For only 215 calories per serving, you’ll get a whopping 14 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. Thanks to the brown rice and chicken that’s featured in this recipe. Plus, we used tamari, a Japanese soy sauce that’s not only gluten-free but also high in protein and antioxidants. On top of that, it’s low in sodium and it’s less likely to contain additives and preservatives that we all wanna avoid.
Plus, this recipe only takes less than 10 minutes to prepare if you have some leftover rice at home. Way shorter than grabbing the phone, ordering, and waiting for your food to be delivered. Enjoy!
Asian Chicken Fried Rice
For the Rice:
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
For the Fried Rice:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup diced bell pepper red or green or both
- 1 tablespoon ginger root peeled, minced
- All the cooked fried rice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons Tamari
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or green onions
For the Rice:
- Add rice, salt, and water to a pot, stir once, and boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked. Turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Cool it down to room temperature and refrigerate until cold, preferably overnight.
For Fried Rice:
- Heat up EVOO in a large nonstick skillet, pan, or wok over medium-high heat. Sear chicken strips until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add in onions, bell pepper, and ginger and stir-fry for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Add the cooked rice and water, increase heat to medium-high, and mix well.
- Push rice mixture to one side, near the edge of the skillet, and add beaten eggs to the empty side. Quickly scramble these eggs then combine them with the rice mixture. Stir in Tamari and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with scallions. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Got some leftover rice? Great! Save time by using those and go straight to the fried rice recipe.
- Alternatively, you may use a rice cooker for your convenience.
Love this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section below.