As the name speaks for itself, this American Blitz Recipe is one of the most popular and tastiest beverages for weight loss in the U.S. Thanks to the fat-burning capabilities of lemon that’s mixed with the nourishing contribution of cucumber which helps you burn off some calories while working on your skin radiance. Top that with some apples, kale, and spinach and you have a delectable and healthy beverage.
And speaking of a healthy beverage, this drink boasts 19,354 IU of vitamin A per serving. This vitamin is good for our eyes, bones, and skin while strengthening up our immune system and therefore lowering the risk of chronic diseases. And, do you know what’s the best part? The vitamin A RDI for men is 3,000 IU and 2,330 IU for women. Thus, you’ll get more than 6 times the RDI in one single drink! Not to mention that this recipe will also provide 14 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein.
Ahh, no wonder this recipe never gets old!
So, without further ado, here’s the recipe that you and your juicing buddies will surely love.
The American Blitz
- 1 ea lemon
- 2 cups kale leaves
- 2 ea medium-sized apples cored, chopped
- 1 ea cucumber
- 2 cups spinach
- Wash and clean the vegetables and fruits in running water before slicing them into small pieces.
- Process all the ingredients in the juicer, a few at a time, until the mixture is homogenous.
- Serve it in a glass with ice and enjoy!
- The apples in this recipe are sweet enough to cover up for the sweetness. However, if you still wanted to sweeten this beverage up a bit, simply add a teaspoon or two of raw honey.
- Pressed juices are best enjoyed cold or chilled. Thus, you may do this ahead of time and store it in the fridge, where it can last for up to 3 days. Otherwise, you can pour it over a glass filled with ice and drink immediately.
- This recipe calls for a juicer. But, if you don’t have one, you may use the blender instead. All you’ve got to do is chop the ingredients smaller and pulse them in the blender. However, you will probably want to strain the mixture before drinking to make the texture smoother and more pleasant. Here is a video showing you how to strain the blend. You will need a strainer like this one and a mesh bag like this one.
Did you try this recipe? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section down below!